I’ve turned in the final grades for my class, which means I am done for the semester!
I love teaching. I’ve missed it in the 4 1/2 years since my baby was born. If you can’t tell from the pictures, I teach computers. Specifically Spreadsheets and Databases. I’ll probably teach again next Spring, which means I’ll have the summer and fall to do other stuff.
…and finally send that query letter out!
Last week I listed some of my thoughts regarding the goals for this Round of Words in 80 Days. I knew when this round began that I was going to have to do less writing until the semester was over, but then I would jump into the round when the semester ended.
My goals for the remainder of this round:
- Do something writing-related six days a week.
- Do a #1k1hr at least 3 times a week.
- Finish a short story for the Calliope Mall anthology.
- Read through and critique a story Geri sent me weeks (months?) ago, as well as the newer one she just sent.
- Read through, scrutinize, and outline the script for the upcoming Star Trek: Phase II shoot. I’ll be working on continuity this time around, so I need to be intimately familiar with every scene. (No, I didn’t write it.) The shoot happens just after this ROW80 round ends.
- Instead of immediately diving into “The Story” that will be submitted to an agent, since I’ve been out of it for several months (only writing my serial short and the occasional side project) I will first re-write one of the others, probably Under the Radar, as a warm-up to get back into the world of Kingdom Come.
- Look at all the stories I’ve begun and decide just how long to leave each on the shelf. I love my Steampunk Mermaid story, but there are other things I’d like to finish first.
- Use this round to tie up or discard loose ends, and look towards the next round to churning out the rough draft for the novel I’d like to submit to an agent.
- Sometimes I forget to list the regular blog stuff as goals, but it’s all still there. My serial short every Monday, SciFi Question of the Day every Tuesday, update for ROW80 every Wednesday, and I frequently link-up with Write On Edge on Fridays.
One more thing…
Happy release day Tiffany Reisz!
The Siren is out in e-book now, and will be out in print in a few months.
The shortlink for this post is http://wp.me/p1qnT4-JX