Thank God Almighty, I’m Free At Last!
Yesterday was my first free Tuesday in months. I’m done teaching for the semester, and probably won’t teach again until next Spring. I like that schedule… it keeps my hand in the professional teaching realm, but leaves me with most of my year to dedicate to writing.
I’ve felt incredibly productive this past week! Well, not in terms of dishes or laundry, but I’ve been able to do a lot more writing-related stuff. I made a rough outline of a series of five books that are Christian faith stories with a GLBT theme. The first story used to be called “Mascots” but it is now “The Sojourner’s Guide to the Galaxy.”
Making progress on the goals:
- Do something writing-related six days a week. Yup! Easy Peasy.
- Do a #1k1hr at least 3 times a week. Er… yes to the equivalent of…
- Finish a short story for the Calliope Mall anthology. Done and shared, ready to revise and edit.
- Read through and critique a story Geri sent me weeks (months?) ago, as well as the newer one she just sent. Not yet… hopefully in the next couple of days.
- Read through, scrutinize, and outline the script for the upcoming Star Trek: Phase II shoot. I’ll be working on continuity this time around, so I need to be intimately familiar with every scene. (No, I didn’t write it.) The shoot happens just after this ROW80 round ends. Not yet. But this one can wait a couple of weeks.
- Instead of immediately diving into “The Story” that will be submitted to an agent, since I’ve been out of it for several months (only writing my serial short and the occasional side project) I will first re-write one of the others, probably Under the Radar, as a warm-up to get back into the world of Kingdom Come. Sort-of… actually, I ended up going back to a different WIP about the Pangalactic Sojourners.
- Look at all the stories I’ve begun and decide just how long to leave each on the shelf. I love my Steampunk Mermaid story, but there are other things I’d like to finish first. Not yet. I might actually leave this for the very end of the round, after I see what I actually tie-off and finish in the next few weeks.
- Use this round to tie up or discard loose ends, and look towards the next round to churning out the rough draft for the novel I’d like to submit to an agent. So far so good. In fact, I’ve been incredibly productive, finishing off various writing-related tasks.
- Sometimes I forget to list the regular blog stuff as goals, but it’s all still there. My serial short every Monday, SciFi Question of the Day every Tuesday, update for ROW80 every Wednesday, and I frequently link-up with Write On Edge on Fridays. Yup! Still good on this front.
The shortlink for this post is http://wp.me/p1qnT4-Kz
Amy, you are doing great on your goals! I’m really impressed with the amount of goals you are successfully navigating. you have a great plan and it looks great! I hope I’m able to stop by again before the end of the round to see how you are doing. Keep up the great work. 😀
Thanks so much! I’m feeling very productive.