It’s 3AM. This is not unusual for me…I’m a natural nightowl. Actually, I’m a second-shifter. Wake up around noon, get stuff done and be active in the afternoon and evening, then have time to myself when I can concentrate uninterrupted late at night.
WordPress just wished me a happy anniversary. I didn’t realize it was that time already…
I’ll have to write a blogaversary post later. For now, my ROW80 update:
The ROW80 Goals this week:
- Do something writing-related every day: Nope. Definitely failed this one. I was sick, then getting caught up on non-writing commitments (like teaching, doctor appointments, etc.) didn’t leave much time. That, and my brain is freshly fried from being sick.
- Do some actual writing every week: Hardly any. The deadline for an anthology I want to be part of is coming up, and I need to finish that story.
- Engage with other writers every week: When I was sick, I hardly posted on social media at all. I did my SciFi Questions of the Day most days, because that takes very little effort and the questions are the main source of my following. I’m even 6 days behind on my turns in “Words With Friends” and I usually play that twice a day. I’m editing for another friend, but again, the brain-fry isn’t good for that.
- Stay away from the NaNo story for at least a month: This goal has transitioned to…
- Now that it’s been six weeks, return to the NaNo story for edits: Yes, I dove into edits, but then brain-fry and other commitments got in the way. But it feels good to be back at this stage.
- Get sleep: A huge challenge. Fortunately, I have a hubby who understands me and helps me sleep when I need to, even if that’s a weird time. Unfortunately, the rest of the world isn’t so agreeable. I hate explaining myself, and I hate making excuses. If I had a day-job…er…night-job…where I worked the graveyard shift (I used to, and liked it. I prefer swing, though, like 3-11PM) it would be easier to tell people “Oh, I can’t ____ then. I’m working.” Or… “I have to sleep during the day. I work nights.”
How do you tell people “I can’t ____. That is during my writing time.” ?
Or do you have as much trouble saying “no” as I do?