I’m trying to get back in the swing of writing. It is very true that if I don’t use it, I lose it. After being sick, non-writing commitments had to be met, and writing had to be relegated to the sidelines. I hate that. Someday, I want the writing to be the thing that is more important, pushing other commitments aside.
To help me get back in the swing, I wrote a short story called Apophenia. It’s the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. I’d love it if you’d take a peek at it and answer my question about ellipses…
The ROW80 Goals this week:
- Do something writing-related every day: Nope. Definitely failed this one. Again. But I kind of accepted that I’d still be playing catch-up with non-writing commitments, in particular giving my students a mid-term exam.
- Do some actual writing every week: Some. Added to the short story I want to submit to an antho. I even wrote a couple pieces of flash for the blog.
- Engage with other writers every week: Getting better. The SpecFic Writers community on Google Plus is nice and active. I’m trying to tweet more, too. I also have editing to complete for a friend.
- Stay away from the NaNo story for at least a month: This goal has transitioned to…
- Now that it’s been six weeks, return to the NaNo story for edits: I haven’t worked on Jublilation of the Southern Cross this week.
- Get sleep: A huge challenge, always. On days I teach, I get derailed because my brain has to concentrate on the lesson plan, not my story outline. And instead of having a quiet, meditative morning, I’m busy and up and about. Later this week I have a meeting at my daughter’s school. They’re all used to a schedule where they’re at work around 7am. That’s almost opposite my own work schedule, but it’s me who accommodates them.
When is this round up? Soon, I think…
I’m ready to reboot.