- Launch Chrome
- Open this blog in first tab
- Open Twitter in next tab
- Glance at feed, then switch from Twitter to Tweetdeck (this step can be postponed until after other tabs are open, if desired)
- Open Facebook
- Open Gmail, decide if anything must be handled and put it on the to-do list
- Open Google Plus
- Move the Google Plus tab between Facebook and Gmail
- Other tabs, such as Ghost-Trappers, are optional, but must be kept to the right of the others.
I live with OCD. So do millions of other people. For some, it is a minor inconvenience. They prefer to do things a certain way, and joke about their OCD tendencies. For others, it is a disorder that drives them to repeat behaviors a certain number of times, or repeat them indefinitely. I am in the group where OCD affects my daily life and ability to do work. Most of the time, I have my life organized in a way that minimizes the likelihood of going into shut-down mode. Having a few things here and there go awry is not a danger, but it is like taking away a spoon. Cumulatively, it makes a difference.
Speaking of managing… I’m going to alter my Friday posts from just interviews to being a “content post” that is an interview, a SciFi Question of the Day, or some other interesting content. I’m also going to change up the way I do interviews, giving myself some more freedom as well as being able to simply toss out an interview if any problems develop.
I still have not decided what I’m going to work on for NaNoWriMo this year. I definitely want to do it, and this will be my first one in Colorado, but all the reasons I listed last week still apply. I have the month of October to figure it out, however I should also be outlining and preparing in October so when November first arrives I can hit the ground running.
I’ll keep you informed.
Meanwhile, I need to write another chapter of Tumbleweed…